Saturday, April 18, 2020

Na/GloPoWriMo Day Eighteen: Sofia Has An Itch

she stands up and stretches
walks around in circles
sniffs the floor
lays back down on the carpet

arrr arrr rrrr ruff aaaarrrrr!
she is on her back
her body rubbing
her feet kicking in the air
her tail wagging

my happy dog
feeling immediate joy
scratching her own back
talking while she does

I imagine it's like how I feel when I eat a really good taco.

heidi
written: 04/18/20

Today we are to write about a simple pleasure. It cracks me up to watch my dogs rub their backs on the carpet. It always seems to make them so happy. This was supposed to be an ode, but I need to study up on odes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.