Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Na/GloPoWriMo Day Twenty-Two: Ich Verstehe Nur Bahnhof

I only understand the train station.
I don't understand Uge or Bigly.
I don't understand how the immigration issue isn't about race.
I don't understand how Pro-Life means sacrifice hundreds of thousands of people
for the sake of the economy.
I don't understand how the leader of a free country has ultimate authority.
When it comes to the current president, 
I don’t understand a thing about what that person is saying.

heidi
written: 04/22/20

The prompt for today was to write a poem using an idiom from a foreign language. This poem could have been much. much longer, but it is getting close to time to take my antidepressant. I may come back to it later and add some more. Or maybe not. This is also the first time I have referenced the pandemic in any of my writing. 

3 comments:

  1. Ha. This one is a puzzle, all right. But the biggest puzzle is why anyone would support him--on personality alone, and then it gets worse!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! Welcome to the Lasagna and congratulations on being featured today!

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.