Tuesday, November 8, 2022

NaNoWriMo Day Eight: Man Am I Tired.

 Hey Y'all!

I was supposed to have today off, but my boss asked me to come in, so I did. Now I have Thursday off. Now I am on Day Six of a seven-day work week.  That combined with the emotional toll the election always has on me and the emotional toll yesterday's writing had on me, well, I am exhausted.  It's a choice of going to bed and listening to "Mr. Keene: Tracer of Lost Persons" or writing. I think going to bed will win. I suspect that because I have already changed for bed and am in bed with the fan on and the lights off. Maybe I'm just clairvoyant. Thank you, Blogger for spelling "clairvoyant" for me, twice.

I was watching "Red Dwarf" tonight and Holly described a time and dimension thing as "wibbly." That makes me think that the Tenth Doctor watched "Red Dwarf." No reason for telling you that, it's just an idea I had. And all words count, right? Maybe I can write a fan fic where The Doctor is watching TV? How would that go? 

The Doctor was bored. Rose was gone and he was lonely. He decided to visit the 1990's. After all, the food's not bad and he could catch up on some telly. [Is it weird for an American to use British slang? It didn't feel too weird, but did I even use it right?] He surfed the channels and found a program called "Red Dwarf." They were talking about dimension jumping being wibbly. Dimension jumping wasn't wibbly. Time was wibbly. It was wibbly-wobbly and kind of timey-wimey. Timey-wimey? Where did he get this stuff? He was glad no one was around to hear that one. He made a mental note to take timey-wimey out of his vocabulary. 

Okay. So, I wrote a thing. I should change the font so you can tell the difference.  And, man, is predictive text freaky or what? Or am I just that predictable? Ugh, I am a predictable writer.  

Yay, all the words. 

Goodnight, y'all.


heidi

written: 11/8/22

word count 344

1 comment:

  1. Keep at it, pal. Don't quit because your internal editor is being difficult.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.