Tuesday, November 1, 2022

NaNoWriMo Day One: Stuff in General

 Hey y'all!

Things have happened. If you have read any of my latest posts, then you know my sweet husband died. So then, I moved to the beach and got a job and started working a lot. A whole lot. Also, my mousepad is broken on my computer, and it is a pain to use a regular mouse (it's sitting on my leg at the moment.)

Anyway, I missed the last two(?) NaPoWriMos and I haven't done a NaNo since forever, so I figured I would try to do it here. I thought I would be a NaNo rebel and do a series of short stories. Bwahahahahaha! The problem is that I have absolutely no ideas whatsoever. I played around with one idea where my bra was trying to eat my breasts, but then, I took my bra off and my inspiration went with it. Also, if you've ever read this thing, you know I like a good twist ending. Too much M. Night Shamalan and "The Whistler" old time radio I guess.  If this is your first time reading this, then spoilers.

I went to work today and I closed and then I went to Waffle House because I wanted breakfast for supper and it was so stinking good that now I am sleepy and the muse is not with me. I am going to spend the rest of this week working on finding prompts and trying to come up with something and hopefully, that will trigger something in me. Also I am not going to eat so dang much right before I try to write. All I want to do is watch an episode of "Mr. and Mrs. North" and go to sleep listening to Philo Vance mysteries.  

Of course, I am totally count this small section in my word count for the day. Woohoo! 

Thanks for checking up on me! Talk to y'all tomorrow. Sweet dreams.


heidi

written: 11/1/2022

322 words

2 comments:

  1. Hey pal - I went back to writing for NaPoWriMo. I'm so sorry to hear that your partner died. I cannot imagine how you pressed on. Stay strong and alive. Write, kiddo, Love ,Moskowitz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!!! It's good to see you! Thank you for your kind words and for visiting.

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.