Wednesday, November 2, 2022

NaNoWriMo Day Two: Yeah, I Am Dry

 Hey y'all!

So, I still have no idea what to write about. I did find some prompts and some of them have set a spark, I just don't know where I want to go with it.  The site where I found some prompts that I like is 72 Clever Creative Writing Prompts (+ 6 Brainy Bonus Tips) (smartblogger.com). There is one where you have committed a crime, but you don't remember doing it. I think I would like to write about this and have the crime be some sort of misdemeanor, like jaywalking. There are some possibilities there. I may try to write something tomorrow while I am on lunch and then transcribe it here. I just have to find my traveler's notebook where I write stuff. That's how not writey I've been over the past two years. I stopped carrying my writing journal. 

What I probably should do is just start writing the story now, but it is getting late. Ten o'clock is now late for me, I used to start writing at this time of night. Does that mean that I am getting old? Nah, I am just more interested in watching planning videos. Right now, I am watching "Rana Plans" on YouTube while I am trying to write here. Not the best writing discipline going on. I am having fun just randomly write whatever comes into my head. And then count that as writing for NaNo feels a little naughty. 

I have been reading Fer-De-Lance by Rex Stout. It is the first of the Nero Wolfe books. With all of the mysteries that I like to read and listen to, you would think that I would try to write a mystery, but it intimidates me. Maybe that is a sign that I should try. Maybe something on the level of Encyclopedia Brown. Although I have a hard time figuring out those mysteries as well. I am afraid that my mystery would be too obvious. An obvious mystery is not the worst thing ever though, so maybe I'll try a page long mystery while I am doing NaNo. I could Columbo it and have you see the crime happen, so you know who the bad guy is. By the way, I have no idea who has done it in the Nero Wolfe story. It could be anyone. 

So, let me go and try to find my writing journal so that I can actually try to write a story and y'all can read something other than my random thoughts. 

Good night!

heidi

written: 11/2/22

word count:425

1 comment:

  1. When you want to chastise yourself for not writing: that's when you must write - on a wall - into your phone - on the back of a fast food receipt - write write write. Love ya-mosk

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.