Thursday, November 10, 2022

NaNoWriMo Day Ten: Some More of the Story.

 Hey Y'all, 

Here you go. I don't think that I will finish it today. It is turning out to be a longer story than I thought. 

heidi


How He Died (continued)

A woman walked over to me and asked me to come with her. She lead me to a quiet part of the hospital and put me in a hospital room by myself.  She said they would come and get me when it would be okay. So I sat and I waited...and waited...and waited. All I could do was sit. I don't remember even thinking. At some point, I walked to the door and stood there. I was like the hallway, empty. Eventually, someone walked by. I asked the person, maybe a woman, about Darrell. She said that someone would get back with me. So I waited some more. It's all a big blank now. I could have been very active during this time; I just don't know. I don't think I waited as long this time. At some point someone did come get me. 

Darrell had been put on a ventilator. He wasn't breathing on his own. He needed more care than they could give him. His kidneys had shut down and he needed dialysis. They were arranging to send him to a hospital that was actually closer to our house. I was wearing a thin blouse and a sweater, and, at some point, the back of my blouse had ripped, like, all the way up. I needed to go change. they said I should have time to go by the house and get to the other hospital.

I went home. It was dark and quiet. 


I'll write more later.

heidi

written 11/10/22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.