Wednesday, August 27, 2014

It Sneaks Up On You

i don't want to be in the house
with my family
i want to run far
far
   far
      far



away.

i'm grumpy and
i want to sleep all
of the time.

i hate these clothes
it's a struggle just to get my bra off
and it makes my breasts hurt.

wait...

my breasts hurt?

oh, fuck me, my period's coming.

no wonder i feel like shit.

come on and start already

and let me get back to my life.

heidi
written 8/27/14

Yep. I'm beginning to think I'm a confessionalist.  Can anybody spare a heating pad, some Mini Snickers, and a 70's disaster film?

3 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times I had to piece together why my wife hated my guts on a particular day. One of life's cruel jokes, I guess. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My normal policy is to refrain from commenting on menstrual poetry.

    However, last night I had some chocolate chip cookies while watching "Seven Days in May" on TCM.

    Is it possible we're in sync? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. smiles... puberty is such an exciting - and such a very difficult time as well..

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.