Friday, October 26, 2018

the leech

she sees reflected
a huge, pulsating, grey leech
attached to her

she looks down
at the man down on
her and sighs

just a dude
the guy I picked up
the cute blonde

but in the
mirror, he looks different and
she feels numb

he hasn't arms
no legs or feet or
any recognizable features

she feels heat
his warm, wet, hot breath
and another sensation

shifting her hips
she feels him press harder
he bites her

"ow," she murmurs
but softly, encouragingly, he continues
she wants more

her heavy eyes
look again to the mirror
her body limp

the leech is
growing-filling with her blood
she can't move

her eyes close
she is close to coming
her pleasure pulsates

her life empties
into the round, tooth-filled mouth
of the leech

as she dies
his greed consumes him and
the leech pops.

heidi
written: 10/18-22/18

I had a thought, what if vampires really look like leeches, and that is what is reflected?  And thus, the leech was born.  I wrote in bits over a few days, which is rare for me to do with a poem. I also wrote it as a series of Collom Lunes, because it is my form of choice. (I love those little fuckers!) There is probably some sort of metaphor for my Depression here, but I am hoping that I am finally past the I-may-die-from-this part of my illness. Anyway... I wish that I could draw, because the visual of the leech in my head is pretty gross and I wish I could post it here. I may try to draw it anyway and see if I can come close to my vision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.