Monday, April 1, 2019

NaPoWriMo Day One: How to Say Goodbye

First you have to figure out what (or who) you are saying goodbye to.

I am saying goodbye to some Barbeque Chips.

In the form of a letter
  (that is also a poem-ish)

Dear Chips,

I bought you for my Darrell.
You were his favorites.
Now he is gone
and you are still in my pantry
Along with his oatmeal cakes.

And I don't want to eat you
so I should give you away,
it would be a waste to throw you away
you've never been opened.

But if you aren't waiting for him
in our pantry
then that's one more thing
telling me that he is
never
coming
back.

And I am not ready to admit that yet.
So maybe I can't say goodbye to you yet.

Maybe tomorrow.

Love,
Heidi

So maybe this is a how-not-to-say-goodbye-yet-poem.


heidi
written" 4/1/19 for






So Day One is done and on time for NaPo! Woohoo! I am going to focus on that sense of accomplishment rather than how sad I feel from writing it. Also, I am really bad at how-to's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.