Thursday, September 15, 2011

The River

The River

I stand in the river of
my actions and it drips,
drips, drips down and I
doubt if I was right, but
then I stop.
Because I know I was right,
right, right, and that I hav
                                       e
                                     don
                                    e no w
                                      ron
                                        g

                                        I
                                       sit
                                     and I
                                       thi
                                         n

                                         k
                                       and
                                      I lis
                                        ten
                                          t

                                          o
                                        my t
                                      hought
                                        s as
                                           t

                                           h
                                         ey d
                                        rip, d
                                          rip,
                                            d
                                               r
                                                  ip, drip, drip,
                                              drip, drip, drip, 
                                                   drip, drip,
                                                       drip.

heidi

originally written around 1990.

I really like this one. I liked (and I still do I guess) to play with the way the poem looks. I also was really into the sound of the words together, so sometimes I wasn't really after the meaning.  This one does have a story, that was really in line with a lot of stuff that I was writing at the time. It makes me smile. I am working on a new immediate story that I will probably post as soon as it's finished. Look out tomorrow for the second part of "One Day On A Bus". Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.