Friday, April 19, 2013

NaPoWriMo Day Nineteen: Personal Ad for The Doctor

Personal Ad for The Doctor

Wanted: Traveling Companion.
Must be witty, intelligent, brave,
and accepting of diverse cultures.
Ability to think quickly in tricky situations a plus.
Must be able to flee for life if necessary,
and withhold the necessity of blinking on command.
Looking for a long-term committment, as I
am tired of goodbyes.
I am particularly fond of sassy women
and tin dogs.

Interested parties should send inquiry to
The Doctor
c/o the Blue Police Box outside your door.

heidi

written 4/19/13 for


Today's prompt was to write a personal ad. I hope I haven't offended any Time Lords or their fans.

reposted this poem 11/23/13 in celebration of The Doctor's birthday with this audio attached.


6 comments:

  1. So funny! I love "Doctor Who" and have often imagined travelling with him, like Billie Piper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ally! A friend of mine shared a meme on facebook once that said "The four words every woman wants to hear: 'Hello, I'm The Doctor.'" I think it was pretty accurate for an internet meme.

      Delete
  2. Got it! My daughter and I recently watched a few episodes. If I was qualified I'd respond to this personal ad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy cow! It would be so much fun to travel with The Doctor...maybe that's what makes the show so good.

      Delete
  3. I am a Time Lord, and I'd like to reassure you that we all thoroughly appreciate your ad, and we all fit the criteria too. We will drop by for an interview, if we can find the time.....
    Thanks for a real fun post.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sleepshort! I am so pleased that I have received a Time Lord stamp of approval. Have a nice day yourself!

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.