Sunday, April 7, 2013

NaPoWriMo Day Seven: Sweetie-pies

Sweetie-pies

I am still in bed
and I don't want to get up.
They woke up before seven and
are now downstairs.
I can hear "Curious George" on the TV.
I can hear them respond to the silly monkey.
I can hear their conversation.
They have high, sweet voices and
happy happy laughs.
Their tone gets very serious as they
negotiate their play plans.
Sweet sweet babies.\
She is his big sister.
He is her little fella.
 My heart breaks with what I feel.
Did I ever know what love was before them?

heidi
written 4/7/13 for 

Today's prompt was to write a series of statements followed by a question. I think I nailed it and I really like this morning's result as well. And I think I am going to go back to sleep for a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.